A machinist , a turbo and his L31 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed everything else, wasn't dismissing it. Just making sure I understood the basic principle of what you were doing.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Looks like you have your stuff together for the most part. I'd double check the valvetrain on those heads if I was you...spring pressure, installed height, seals, and all clearances.

I can't tell if there's a cam stuck in there yet or not. What are you running?
There is not a valvetrain per s
I do not have a cam chosen yet . That will be next , then I will buy my valve train based on my cam choice.
I plan on using most likely using a custom grind from comp cams. But everything is always subject to change.

Yeah I noticed everything else, wasn't dismissing it. Just making sure I understood the basic principle of what you were doing.

Ya for the most art what you said is correct . I have to ditch the poppets so I have some type of reliable tuning parameters .
If I had a truck that was a bit older I would have went with a stand alone but in order to keep this a street legal build I have two choices . Piggys back on my ecu or flash a stock ecm .
Megasquirt seems like a great system but for ease of simplicity HPtunners seems the way to go. Like I said though I may decide to go another way before this is over.
Admittedly Ive never built a motor this in depth before so this is all new to me .

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
There is not a valvetrain per s
I do not have a cam chosen yet . That will be next , then I will buy my valve train based on my cam choice.
I plan on using most likely using a custom grind from comp cams. But everything is always subject to change.

Ya for the most art what you said is correct . I have to ditch the poppets so I have some type of reliable tuning parameters .
If I had a truck that was a bit older I would have went with a stand alone but in order to keep this a street legal build I have two choices . Piggys back on my ecu or flash a stock ecm .
Megasquirt seems like a great system but for ease of simplicity HPtunners seems the way to go. Like I said though I may decide to go another way before this is over.
Admittedly Ive never built a motor this in depth before so this is all new to me .

If it has to be a comp cam, you must have them grind it from a billet core unless you want your engine to eat it.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I like smaller operations that pay closer attention to the minute details and QC.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
finally another build where someone knows what they are doing! im all for this!. whats turbo brand? you said the machining and tolerances were respectable?

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
finally another build where someone knows what they are doing! im all for this!. whats turbo brand? you said the machining and tolerances were respectable?

Turbo charger is a GT45. 69/105 AR Its on the small side for a stroked v8 . But I want as close as possible to instant throttle response as I can get with out ower suffering horribly. Im not looking for all top end gain so I chose this turbo

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Fuel injected , using a LS 411 ECM hptunners and 80# seimen deka injectors
Ashburnham, MA thats bum fuc know where huh? How are the trails up there?
Fuel injected , using a LS 411 ECM hptunners and 80# seimen deka injectors
Ashburnham, MA thats bum fuc know where huh? How are the trails up there?

Last edited: