A Few Gremlin Wiring Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devildriver6

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm not the best at wiring and I've got some issues I was hoping someone could help with with...

1 - my license plate lights will not work. I've replace the bulbs, checked the wires themselves, check the appropriate fuses that are associated with them and changed the ones that were wrong/no good, and still no lights... :hmm:

2 - My RIGHT turn signal works, but my LEFT turn signal started off working, but would turn the windshield wipers on... with a few twists of the handle, not my windshield wipers AND left turn signal no longer work... :uhoh2:

I looked around, but saw no posts specific to this, so I'm posting a new thread. If there's another post similar, excuse my duplicate and please direct me in the direction of my much needed info.

If not, then PLEASE HELP!!! :)

RetroSierraST

Reaction score
1. Check the ground, take the screw out and clean the terminal and where the screw goes in to.

2. Sounds like your turn signal switch is bad.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my taillights I fixed it by adding a ground to the driverside taillight

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Check the weatherpak connector to your license plate light they do go bad.

Last edited:

350VortecSSCT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
two hitch wiring will go bad. I learned when I added an LED light bar to my tailgate. you have 6 wires. different colors(really odd coloring scheme) your brake lights should be brown, and parking light wire i forget which color but you can re route them to it w a split.

oneluckypops

Reaction score
It would really help to know what year, model, engine size you have? Kind of hard to do diagnostics with out it. But with out looking at he schematics yet I would be leaning more towards the multifunction switch. I dont think the ground for the tailights is on the same circuit of the Wipers.

oneluckypops

Reaction score
Maybe this will help.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Turn signal inop.jpg
    Turn signal inop.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

devildriver6

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would really help to know what year, model, engine size you have? Kind of hard to do diagnostics with out it. But with out looking at he schematics yet I would be leaning more towards the multifunction switch. I dont think the ground for the tailights is on the same circuit of the Wipers.

Truck is a 1991 Chevy Silverado w/ 350.

devildriver6

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All really good places to start trying to figure the issue out.
I'll let y'all know how it goes and if I have any luck!

Thanks everyone!!! :D