a/c help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So 97 silverado will not change off defrost. Put a new mode door in beside gas pedal and it still wont change.

Do you have to pull a fuse or reset it somehow?

Could it be the a.c control panel?

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Edit it's moving...but it looks like this actuator became disconnected. I guess thats why ists not change off defrost...does this look completely broken or does this snap in.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK so does anyone have diagrams to ow the actuator links move or where they should be positioned?

The actaotr is moving but I can't get the blend air to change out from defrost or floor. I can see the vents moving on the floor but something sin't lined up right.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as the actuator dial is turning between these marks, it’s getting a good signal from the panel and should be fine. Floor setting is the 12 o’clock mark, dash and defrost are the other two extremes at 11 and 1 o’clock:

You must be registered for see images attach

Pictures of the linkage, maybe it will help:

Last edited:

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it is turning but I think somehwere along the line something has gotten out of alignment about to go out here and check. If I turn it on floor only at 12 o clock...and them take the actuator off and manual change the blend doors is that one way to re set it.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So actuator is working but still the the air will not change off of floor and desfrost.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the actuator is cycling correctly, I would take the actuator off, disconnect the linkage arms and verify that the dampers turn freely.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the actuator is cycling correctly, I would take the actuator off, disconnect the linkage arms and verify that the dampers turn freely.

Do the linkages actually turn antyhing or do they just hold the actuator