A/C HELP Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcos A

Reaction score
"Yep. Just grounds the wire when high side pressure goes over 210. That tells the recirc mode to enable after a 30s delay. Once pressure goes down to 165, the switch opens and you get fresh air again."

So dumb question if someone were to ground this wire out permanently on purpose forcing the AC to recirc mode 100% of the time the AC will just work in recirc mode and not overpressurize itself accidently right ? In other words no damage can occur to the system running grounded all the time ?

Im in Florida and would love mine to be on recirc all the time ....any pitfalls here if I ground that wire on purpose ?

I'm assuming like studiggs said - in order to get it off Recirc you have to either 1 of 3 things; 1. kick the temp selector one notch to the red, or 2. move the output to floor, or 3. put it the fan on low speed. All these actions bypass the compressor switch being grounded.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So dumb question if someone were to ground this wire out permanently on purpose forcing the AC to recirc mode 100% of the time the AC will just work in recirc mode and not overpressurize itself accidently right ? In other words no damage can occur to the system running grounded all the time ?

No damage. Just like having a Max/Fresh button on modern A/C's.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about that little tube in my pic (behind the compressor)?? will that tube leak out refrigerant if left exposed/open like that and the wire grounded as you stated earlier???

THANKS

Believe that's just the female terminal. Throw some gauges on it, or give a schrader valve a quick push with a small screwdriver to see if there is refrigerant in the system. If it's empty, you have bigger issues than the switch.