A/C compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody the build is going along great. There’s plenty of work to be done on this old suburban currently working on the a/c system, the compressor is shot and needs replacement. I would like to get advice and see if anyone is running a Sanden 4440 compressor. Any benefits over the HT6 ?

ivanjolicoeur

Reaction score
Hello everybody the build is going along great. There’s plenty of work to be done on this old suburban currently working on the a/c system, the compressor is shot and needs replacement. I would like to get advice and see if anyone is running a Sanden 4440 compressor. Any benefits over the HT6 ? geometry dash lite
Hello, As I know, the 4440 tends to be a bit more efficient than the HT6, especially at lower RPMs. This means it may cool better and use slightly less fuel. Moreover, the 4440 usually costs more than an equivalent HT6 unit. So you'll pay a premium for the upgrades. Both compressors have a good track record, but the 4440's lighter weight aluminum construction may reduce wear over the long run.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, As I know, the 4440 tends to be a bit more efficient than the HT6, especially at lower RPMs. This means it may cool better and use slightly less fuel. Moreover, the 4440 usually costs more than an equivalent HT6 unit. So you'll pay a premium for the upgrades. Both compressors have a good track record, but the 4440's lighter weight aluminum construction may reduce wear over the long run. Finally, the 4440 is reported to be a bit quieter in operation than the typical noisier cast iron HT6.

I swear that felt like it was written by an AI. An HT6 isn't cast iron, btw.. and they aren't known for being noisy.

The HT6 does not have a good track record. They are notorious for leaking around the case halves, earning it the name "belly leaker" .. I'd call its track record mediocre at best.

Richard

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
An AC compressor has only one job, to compress refrigerant to the correct pressures. As such, both will work just fine. Whether one is more efficient than the other, perhaps that's possible. Whether you would notice it is probably unlikely.

My original compressor lasted 20 years before it started leaking around the case halves. I replaced it with an identical compressor. If I get another 20 years out of it, it's done it's job as far as I am concerned. That being said, you probably will only want to do this job once, and it would make sense to buy the best one possible. From what I have read here, the Sanden unit is plug and play. If it's even a tiny bit better or more reliable, it may make sense just to go with it. The price difference isn't huge.