A/C Compressor blowing 30 amp maxi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
According to the PDC picture, is the battery positive on the correct stud? At this point, I don’t know what anyone else has done before me and I wonder as to what factory setup is on this truck.

Reaction score
So I found this in wiring schematics. I think my battery positive is on the wrong stud. I’m going to move it to the lower stud towards the bottom of the box and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• ED53DE98-47CD-4BA7-B56B-C38283010D34.jpeg
    ED53DE98-47CD-4BA7-B56B-C38283010D34.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 6

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying.. from factory both of those studs should be empty, and there only for accessories to attach, and each of those studs' circuits are protected by the two 30 amp m-a-x-i-fuses (dashes to avoid the forum censor.) If the battery is connected there, that's incorrect. A closer look at the factory manual as suggested would be wise as someone has been "at work" in there without benefit of proper guidance. ;)

Richard

Reaction score
So yup, someotherguy, PlayingWithTBI, sure was. B+ was on the wrong stud (Aux B) and essentially was running everything through it. With the AC out of commission, that 30A M-A-X-I apparently could handle it. Throw in draw from the compressor and that 30A said uh uh. She’s running continuously now with no issues. I have a black eye from one of the ice cubes that flew out of the dash vent. Now… just have to find where she’s leaking refrigerant from. On to the next chapter. Thanks everyone!!!