A/c compressor leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazyagain

Reaction score
I’m wondering if anyone has had this issue or can help me figure this out. I just changed my compressor and accumulator. Everything is correctly holding vacuum. I have no light on my a/c control now when I push the button. Does this stop anything else from getting the proper power to work. The compressor won’t start. I jumped it at the compressor to get it to charge. Things I’ve checked.
Fuses and relay good
High and low pressure switches ohms tested good.
Tried jumping pressure switches no compressor movement
Im hoping it’s just the button. But if anyone has any thing else to try or where to look I greatly appreciate it

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no light on my a/c control now when I push the button. Does this stop anything else from getting the proper power to work. The compressor won’t start. I jumped it at the compressor to get it to charge. Things I’ve checked.
Here's a blurb from the 93 electrical manual. Not sure if it's relevant.
Are you getting power at the ac compressor clutch coil when ac is on?
You could check the ecm pin that gets the signal and see if you have voltage there when ac is on. It's DK Grn on my truck...like the 5th wire in on one of the ecm plugs.. It's the only dk grn.....but mine is a 93 so not sure if the same...

Attachments

• IMG20230816202532.jpg
    IMG20230816202532.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 5

95Noobie

Reaction score
Can you suggest where the typical leaks are found (mine is 1995)? and a better black light? I'm using a large blacklight mounted in a fluorescent tube like setting but the picture above shows a great UV GLOW going on! My system lasts 3-4 weeks after a charge. It is cool so don't run the AC compressor typically but now trying to run it with heat on just to get the dye circulating. I didn't see any around the compressor housing but will study it closer. Are there places where lines go say behind the grille or behind the firewall where I should be looking for a leak? By the evap cannister and the lines going in and out of the compressor I see no dye yet.

Put a 12 oz can in since compressor was cycling on/off. That fixed it and it ran normally, blew cold for about 4 weeks. Brought it in for diagnosis, they refilled this time with dye and so we hoped we could find the leak.