99 Vortec timing cover and gasket question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't remember other than it appeared to be identical to the one that came off ( including 'made in China' marking). I have no idea if the one I removed was original though. It also had a set of new retaining bolts - forgot thought earlier.
Tried to find it on US Automotive's web site but not listed. They ordered it from USA. I still have the old one and I'll have a look at it later for any clues as to who made it - and the box the new one arrived in if it's in the garage that is (binned more likely).

Where is yours leaking from (and before going further - is your PCV good as that can be a cause of a leak)?
I'm thinking to replace PCV too anyways.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From USAutomotive it £84 inc post and VAT.
Part number on the invoice : DOR635-505.
It took them one week to obtain then two days for UK postage.
You really need to change your supplier bro.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you haven't placed that order yet, consider adding a sump/oil pan gasket to it. If yours tears - you'll need one.
Yup it's a big silicone formed piece. And delicate after being on the engine for 20+ years. The better ones come with little plastic dowels to help hold it in place on the block while locating the pan. These go in the corners IIRC. Very helpful!
I think the one I used was Fel Pro but not entirely sure. It was blue molded silicone and the dowels were blue too. Also be mindful of the torque specs on the pan and cover bolts. They're small and don't need a lot of torque. Not a place where you want to break any off either!