98 chevy k2500 ext cab auto to manual using older 93 nv3500 donor truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_slxck

Reaction score
Last manual swap I did was on a 96 K1500. Z71, push button 4x4. Stick trans I used was out of a 97 or 95 I can't remember which but I cut an extra hole in the floor for a manual tcase and did away with the push button. I left the auto column in and just took the handle out leaving it in park. All the wiring that didn't get used from the auto I bundled up and ziptied outa the way, never did anything with the PCM. No limp mode, no funny **** going on, truck ran and drove great. It did throw a CEL for various trans codes but nothing that effected how it ran. The computer just wanted to know where the hell the transmission was so if you don't mind the light and know a shady individual with an inspection license then you're set. Personally I was never bothered by the little stuff that was "half-assed", the truck was 25 year old clapped out shitbox worth $1500 anyways but I got my use out of it. Also, I swapped in the manual brake pedal (pain in the ass, I would NOT do it again) but when my cousin did his swap we just cut the brake pedal with a cut off wheel to the same size as the clutch pedal. With the pad slipped over it you couldn't tell the difference. I'm not sure on the NV4500 but I'm almost positive an NV3500 and 4L60 are the same length and all I had to do was change out the yoke on my existing driveshaft but I'm not sure if that would be the case for yourself. If you wind up needing any small stuff for your project let me know, I definitely have a few sets of pedals and tons of other misc. stuff for manual trucks. Good luck

Chevyaholic

Reaction score
Last manual swap I did was on a 96 K1500. Z71, push button 4x4. Stick trans I used was out of a 97 or 95 I can't remember which but I cut an extra hole in the floor for a manual tcase and did away with the push button. I left the auto column in and just took the handle out leaving it in park. All the wiring that didn't get used from the auto I bundled up and ziptied outa the way, never did anything with the PCM. No limp mode, no funny **** going on, truck ran and drove great. It did throw a CEL for various trans codes but nothing that effected how it ran. The computer just wanted to know where the hell the transmission was so if you don't mind the light and know a shady individual with an inspection license then you're set. Personally I was never bothered by the little stuff that was "half-assed", the truck was 25 year old clapped out shitbox worth $1500 anyways but I got my use out of it. Also, I swapped in the manual brake pedal (pain in the ass, I would NOT do it again) but when my cousin did his swap we just cut the brake pedal with a cut off wheel to the same size as the clutch pedal. With the pad slipped over it you couldn't tell the difference. I'm not sure on the NV4500 but I'm almost positive an NV3500 and 4L60 are the same length and all I had to do was change out the yoke on my existing driveshaft but I'm not sure if that would be the case for yourself. If you wind up needing any small stuff for your project let me know, I definitely have a few sets of pedals and tons of other misc. stuff for manual trucks. Good luck
Awesome thanks for the info. I'll be getting around to the swap in the spring or summer, definitely could use pedals if you could ship them? Just let me know a price