'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I cut my cats out yesterday (Trucks is still registered in Illinois).
You must be registered for see images attach

I had nothing to do during class, so I cut them out and used some scrap pieces of tubing to put it back together.

Now the truck has a real nice rumble, and a bit more pep since these things were totally plugged.

Mycotroph

Reaction score
I know Im a little late to the Circus but Id give the wood grain a go, Ive been shopping around and tossing the idea myself about to paint a 95 c1500 Mint Green and I think the wood grain would go with it still havn't really figured out how exatly Im going to do it yet and Id be stoked to see someone elses. Great thread though thats a sweet Burban, love them barn doors
Also Howdy from your neighbor in the Show-Me

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know Im a little late to the Circus but Id give the wood grain a go, Ive been shopping around and tossing the idea myself about to paint a 95 c1500 Mint Green and I think the wood grain would go with it still havn't really figured out how exatly Im going to do it yet and Id be stoked to see someone elses. Great thread though thats a sweet Burban, love them barn doors
Also Howdy from your neighbor in the Show-Me
Man, I guess you're going for the wagon queen family truckster look on your truck.

Is it a C1500 Suburban? it would be funny if you made it a bit of a tribute to that car.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I
Man, I guess you're going for the wagon queen family truckster look on your truck.

Is it a C1500 Suburban? it would be funny if you made it a bit of a tribute to that car.
I love that movie. You look at that POS wagon, but look at the work someone put into that thing to make it look like that. It took a lot to make that wagon that ugly. In 1992 ish, we drove an almost new Ford Arostar van for Lafayette La., to Seattle WA, with me wife and 2 kids. It was an adventure to drive cross country. Also in about 1986 ish we had a 1977 Mercury Marquise wagon. That thing was huge. It had a 460 under the hood. We have had a few wagons through the years. So much room inside.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just found my Burbs twin!

I also got a new set of hub caps

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever fill a transfer case through the vent tube? I just had to on my truck since the fill plug stripped out (I don't understand how it got so stuck, I've been filling it every few months or so due to a slow leak in the seam between the two halves of the unit).

I tried welding a sacrificial 3/8 hex key socket into it, but I couldn't get any penetration, so I got a transfer pump and filled it through the vent hose. Surprisingly there wasn't too much back-pressure, and it didn't even blow out the leaking gasket.

At least I actually have some fluid in it now.

I also went and picked up a set of snow chains for it, but just for the rear (They will also fit my 2wd '74 GMC).

We're supposed to get a pretty bad storm snow storm starting tonight, and they don't know **** about clearing roads around here.