98 Blazer 4L60E into 97 Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ccls2

Reaction score
I have a 2Dr, 2WD, Blazer with the 4.3 Vortec and 2 piece bell housing 4L60E. What would I need to do/get in order for it to go onto a 1997 Suburban with the 1 Piece 4L60E, just until I can get the Suburban's old one rebuilt in a couple months when I have the money.. From what I read here the older style can be swapped with the newer style as long as it's on a Gen I motor and I know people use a 4.3's transmission behind the 350. I'm just wondering what I would need to do/get in order for it to work properly, can I use the 4.3's flexplate as the bent one on the Burb is obviously out of the question, if not they're not that expensive. I'm just looking for some information. Riding a bicycle 5 miles to work everyday isn't as fun as it sounds. :\

mistaake

Reaction score
I have a 2Dr, 2WD, Blazer with the 4.3 Vortec and 2 piece bell housing 4L60E. What would I need to do/get in order for it to go onto a 1997 Suburban with the 1 Piece 4L60E, just until I can get the Suburban's old one rebuilt in a couple months when I have the money.. From what I read here the older style can be swapped with the newer style as long as it's on a Gen I motor and I know people use a 4.3's transmission behind the 350. I'm just wondering what I would need to do/get in order for it to work properly, can I use the 4.3's flexplate as the bent one on the Burb is obviously out of the question, if not they're not that expensive. I'm just looking for some information. Riding a bicycle 5 miles to work everyday isn't as fun as it sounds. :\

Why not drive the blazer to work?