97 Tahoe with 4/6 Belltech Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it’s been some months. But any update?

Dang, I didn't realize that much time had past.

Progress has been a little slow on the Tahoe because I have been driving it more than usual. My F350 is down because I need to replace the rear main seal. That's a bigger job than I want to deal with right now. Plus work has been pretty hectic.

I did finally swap out the old pods I had been using as headlights for bigger, brighter lights.

The old lights worked great...
You must be registered for see images attach

But the new lights are ridiculously brighter...

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last weekend I started adding A/C. It's getting way too hot around here and since I have to go to Arizona from time to time A/C is a must.

Today we are having the A/C lines made, dryer and orifice tube replaced and condenser flushed out. I will fill the system and finish the wiring later this week before heading back to Arizona.

Nash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the way your Tahoe looks and sets. Curious where you found the Led Headlights. I see you are redoing the AC and wondering if you replaced the evaporator. I have a 99 2x Tahoe and have everything new to go in except I do not want to pull the dash to do it. I saw a you tube video that does it from inside of a 1500 Silverado. The Tahoe has a rear seat heat/air and heavy insulation on the firewall and will not allow access to the 2 bolts next to the firewall (
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
) Did you use the Santech orifice P/N MT0628 that lowers the vent air 4 to 12 degrees cooler? I have one to try out in mine.

Last edited:

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the way your Tahoe looks and sets. Curious where you found the Led Headlights. I see you are redoing the AC and wondering if you replaced the evaporator. I have a 99 2x Tahoe and have everything new to go in except I do not want to pull the dash to do it. I saw a you tube video that does it from inside of a 1500 Silverado. The Tahoe has a rear seat heat/air and heavy insulation on the firewall and will not allow access to the 2 bolts next to the firewall (
) Did you use the Santech orifice P/N MT0628 that lowers the vent air 4 to 12 degrees cooler? I have one to try out in mine.

Thanks. I like how the Tahoe sits now too. The front was too high for me when we bought it so I ended up cutting a little off of the front coils.

I am the design guy for Rigid Industries. We make lighting for the off road world. I like to play in the dirt, at night, on purpose.

The lights in the Tahoe are pods that I had from other projects. We used to sell those as SAE complaint lights.

On the A/C I did not replace the evaporator. The guys that made the A/C lines flushed out the evaporator and condenser. I replaced the orifice tube and dryer.

I have not heard of the Santech orifice. On the Tahoe there is a valve that closes off the water flow to the heater core and that helps with dropping the temperature. I had to add one the the F350, and it makes a pretty big difference.

Nash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a nice looking Ford truck.

I have the heater control valve on my Tahoe and when I remove the hoses to it crumbled into pieces. I have a new one to go in.
AutoZone has the orifice for $16.99 but they are $59.00 on ebay. https://www.autozone.com/cooling-he...D:NL:1000000:ACP:71700000060662287&gclid=Cj0K

I am going to remove the seats and take out the duct work for the rear seat heat and I think that will allow access to the screws to the evaporator. I have a leak and can't find it is why I am replacing everything

I have a 6.0 (LQ9) and a 4L80E to go in the Tahoe when I get able to install it.

Last edited:

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a nice looking Ford truck.

I have the heater control valve on my Tahoe and when I remove the hoses to it crumbled into pieces. I have a new one to go in.
AutoZone has the orifice for $16.99 but they are $59.00 on ebay. https://www.autozone.com/cooling-he...D:NL:1000000:ACP:71700000060662287&gclid=Cj0K

I am going to remove the seats and take out the duct work for the rear seat heat and I think that will allow access to the screws to the evaporator. I have a leak and can't find it is why I am replacing everything

I have a 6.0 (LQ9) and a 4L80E to go in the Tahoe when I get able to install it.

Leaks like that can be a pain in the ass for sure.

The 6.0 will be a great addition to your truck. The 5.7 in these things is pretty weak.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't done much to the Tahoe lately. I did buy HP Tuners in an effort to get the speedometer, tach, A/C, electric fans and fuel gauge working correctly, but that is kicking my ass. It's still a blast to drive though.

Last edited:

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice find!!! LOVE IT !!!! I like the Tribal flames on it better than the old school ones. You leaving them on? That Tribal flame work looks nice on it being a newer vehicle. Or you re- spraying the entire unit? You being in Cali? the flames look like they were once done by ( Hunting Beach Bodyworks)? Years back I did a Harley tank for fun in Kandy Alsa paints and HOK paints for fun as a wall hanger tank ..