97 Tahoe with 4/6 Belltech Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you monitor individual cylinder misfires to narrow it down to 1 or more cylinders?

LOL I did just find that screen on the scanner. Cylinder #6 appears to have all kinds of things going on. Or not going on as the case may be. I had to call it quits for the night, but I'll pull the plug in the morning and see if it has any secrets to share.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you pull the stored codes? I know with some of the snap on stuff you can access codes that happened in the past. That may be helpful.
Also 0300 is multiple random misfire. Check all your grounds.

GROUND for the win!!! I went outside this morning to finally spend some time to try and figure this out. Pulled the #6 plug and it was all shiny like it was not firing. Not a big surprise. What was surprising is that with the truck idling I could pull all of the coil pack wires off of the coils and there was no change in the idle. The truck was running on only 4 cylinders. I have to say though, that for only running on 4 cylinders it was better than you would think it would be.

After discovering that none of the PS was firing I remembered what you had said about checking the grounds. Turns out with all of my rewiring to move the Underhood Fuse Box and ECU I neglected to solder the portion of the harness for my passenger side coil packs. I twisted the wires together and then somehow forgot to go back and solder the joint.

After twisting the wires back together I started the truck and all is back to normal. Smells a bit funny while it burns all of the raw fuel out of the passenger side of the engine, but it sounds and runs really good once again.

Thank You 618 Syndicate, Supercharged111 and AK49BWL for all of the suggestions.