97 non 3rd door rare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
exhaust sound level and tone are very subjective and only you know what you like/want that being said I would do the ebay headers into the jegs pipe I like the sound of glasspacks/steelpacks but I also like the sound of 2 chamber and 1 chamber mufflers most muffler manufactures offer a glasspack so I will not list any i will stick to chambered
cherry bomb extreme
flowmaster super 10 super 44 super 40 original 40
black widow race venom angry house wife
My dad has the super 10 on his 95 cclb 7.4 it sounds good but also a big block im thinking about the 40 series

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
So its just not long enough for factory bolt on? . I can compansate for that. But where its mounted at the manifolds is what worries me that fits right?
the jegs pipe is the same length as the stock y pipe with dual cats I helped a former friend put that pipe on his truck with the ebay headers he had a 6 inch lift so we had to cut the driver side of the pipe and weld it back to make it work he did not want to cut the flange of the end of the jegs pipe so he got the pipe extension

99xcss4

Reaction score
My dad has the super 10 on his 95 cclb 7.4 it sounds good but also a big block im thinking about the 40 series
there are 4 different 40 series to pick from the super 44 is going to be the loudest and deepest sounding the super 40 is going to almost as deep but a little quieter the original 40 is about as loud as the super 44 but not as deep and then you have the delta 40 the best way I can describe it is loud with the same deepness as the original 40 on the out side and mild sounding on the inside

99xcss4

Reaction score
there are 4 different 40 series to pick from the super 44 is going to be the loudest and deepest sounding the super 40 is going to almost as deep but a little quieter the original 40 is about as loud as the super 44 but not as deep and then you have the delta 40 the best way I can describe it is loud with the same deepness as the original 40 on the out side and mild sounding on the inside
this may help you pick what 40 series you want
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

99xcss4

Reaction score
here is a tailpipe kit you can pick pipe material what tips you and what exit style you want they offer 3 out out the 4 of the 40 series they also offer a y adapter to go from duals to a singe you may need if you get a muffler from them cause they do not say if the mufflers are dual in dual out or if they are single in dual out also I forgot to say that you will need the extension pipe if you do not get your rear/down stream o2s tuned out the jegs pipe has booth up stream o2s but only 1 down stream the extension pipe has the second down stream o2 also the 4.3 v6 and and the 305 have the same exhaust that uses a single cat the 96+ 350 and 454 are dual pipes to the muffler

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
here is a tailpipe kit you can pick pipe material what tips you and what exit style you want they offer 3 out out the 4 of the 40 series they also offer a y adapter to go from duals to a singe you may need if you get a muffler from them cause they do not say if the mufflers are dual in dual out or if they are single in dual out also I forgot to say that you will need the extension pipe if you do not get your rear/down stream o2s tuned out the jegs pipe has booth up stream o2s but only 1 down stream the extension pipe has the second down stream o2 also the 4.3 v6 and and the 305 have the same exhaust that uses a single cat the 96+ 350 and 454 are dual pipes to the muffler
Mine only has the one down stream 02. By the flange and the 2 above by the manifolds.