97 DRL Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need some enlightenment on my DRL's.
Does the relay under the dash only control DRL functions, or does it control DRL and something else like a fuel pump relay?
Second, is there a separate DRL module?

I have HIDs and I think the shock of the drl's coming on before cranking, then cranking, then coming back on is harming my bulb life.
I wanted to incorporate either a switch or a 12v time delay relay into the wiring.
TIA!
Alex

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I too pulled my fuse but then I started liking just my HIDS on during the day, just personal preference I guess.
I just can't figure out which wire to cut and install a little switch so I have the option to run em when I feel like it.
I'd obviously like to cut into the wire that activates the relay at ignition on, or the relay's ground wire, I just don't want to mess up another system in doing this.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
when your drls are on there not getting the full 12 volts needed. your hids are only getting about 5 volts. which is bad for them... so your best bet is to buy the harness or remove the fuse and simply turn on your headlights if you want them on.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that I didn't know. Makes much more sense.... The harness supplies full 13.8 volts with DRL only on? If so I'm PM'ing Mean Green lol

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably considering its his stuff! lol
Good thing i went DDM Tuning, Lifetime Warranty coming into play