96k1500's powerstroke build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Idi is the simplest engine to work on, and all it needs is injector o rings. Can knock that out in the same amount of time to change plugs...

idi is also lacking awesome POWA!!!!! I've driven a ford 6.9 (I believe) idi a 7.3 idi and a Chevy 6.2 idi and hated all three. the smaller of the fords even had an aftermarket banks turbo kit and still sucked. you just can't beat a diesel that is direct injection and turbo. you are very right about the simplicity though and usually pretty stellar fuel mileage.

sent from the c1500 Denali

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
prob will stay with factory bed, gonna get the hole cut out a little more so i can put my stack on this weekend, remove the chrome tomorrow

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the stack. Normally I don't like them unless they are done a specific way.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the stack. Normally I don't like them unless they are done a specific way.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wanna do dual miter cut even with the cab but what it came with is single setup to exit mid window

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I am both super excited and super sad at the same time........
Excited because I love these trucks and am super jealous of the 7.3. I've been looking for a trade like that myself! I can't wait to see what you do with it!
Sad because in less than a month from now I was set to meet Gladys :(

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Are you gonna be running a muffler with the stack or straight pipe?

Its already straight pipe ran to under the bed, the guy said it use to have dual stacks but it was done wrong so he took it out and kept one pipe for it

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I am both super excited and super sad at the same time........
Excited because I love these trucks and am super jealous of the 7.3. I've been looking for a trade like that myself! I can't wait to see what you do with it!
Sad because in less than a month from now I was set to meet Gladys :(

Yea i wish it woulda been anotger 400 but when a low mile diesel pops up its kind of a must have haha