96 Z71 Project Start to Finish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MinnesotaChevy

Gasser or Diesel?
Reaction score
Ok I Love the truck I think Im getting a Regular Cab Long Box Here in the next month or so as a Winter project (going to rebuild the engine)
I would like to know a couple things
-how much did the whole plasti dip cost did you clear coat it?
-how hard was it to make the grill/cost of it. (video?)

All of us active MN members should get together at some point

Wise Wolf

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I Love the truck I think Im getting a Regular Cab Long Box Here in the next month or so as a Winter project (going to rebuild the engine)
I would like to know a couple things
-how much did the whole plasti dip cost did you clear coat it?
-how hard was it to make the grill/cost of it. (video?)

All of us active MN members should get together at some point

You will need about 5 gallons of dip. around $60.00 per gallon you are looking at $300 on paint. I did not clear coat, flat black dip. You will also need a good spray gun, get an electric one it puts out more product. avoid air gun sprayer if this is your first time, I first used an air sprayer but came into too many issues with Air/dip ratio. it's not normal paint, obviously. Grille is still a work in progress too much time and money at this point I put the project down. You could give it a shot I can sell you the Chevrolet plastic letters if you are interested.