96 v6 chevy won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tssievert

Reaction score
It started right up this morning, I drove it 40 miles to the gas station down the street from work, I shut it off, went in, and it wouldn't start when I came back out. I tried to jump start it thinking that maybe the alternator quit working and I didn't notice but it won't do anything. The dome light is on but dim and the warning beeper for the key in ignition with the door open is on but really quiet. Could my battery have something wrong with it thats keeping me from jump starting it? I didn't have much time to screw around with it and need some advice on what to look for when I get back.
thank you

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
id bet you have a power or ground cable loose somewhere. if it were just the battery it would start when you jump it. start wiggling cables!

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
you may want to try checking the wires on the starter as well, sometimes they can become loose from all the bumps.

tssievert

Reaction score
It was cable end from the battery on the power distribution/fuse block. Key off there was 12volts hut as soon as you tried to start it the voltage would drop to 0 then slowly raise back up to 12 over the next minute. I made a new cable and its working great now.