96 Silverado build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
still wont let me upload them!! i tried shrinking down the size and using imgur and photobucket but they said they exceded the size by like 1000KB even at 144x104 so just take a look here and im going to try a different comuter but here are the pics on imgur http://jasonreichle.imgur.com/all

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: truck stalled on the highway going into work and it wont start... so I had it towed to a local shop.. itll crank over so its getting compression and all wires and spark plugs are changed so im at a loss... the only thing I can think of is fuel pump? Any other opinions would be helpful

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Sounds like fuel pump, maybe beat on the tank with a 2x4 if it starts that's what it is. Also when you put the key in the on position you can here the fuel pump turn on.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like fuel pump, maybe beat on the tank with a 2x4 if it starts that's what it is. Also when you put the key in the on position you can here the fuel pump turn on.

Nope actually even thoough the rotor and distributor were AC delco parts the rotor teeth had chewed up the inside of the distributor and it wasnt eating anymore.. like what the hell? so i figured i would break it in and on the way home i did a 110-140 pull at 2500RPM and mt touque app was showing i peaked at 330 horses... in 4th gear.. wow. im not sure how accurate it is but i trust and go by everything that app says because its usually dead on with speed and rpms along with the temps.. and stay tuned everybody a package should be arriving this week holding a certain package of LED off road lights....

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

been a bit since i posted anything..been down south in my province with the fire crews... and was my rig sweet for that. 2013 Tahoe decked out I have to post some pics... on another note! so i FINALLY got my rigid d2's in. man are they bright. 1800Lumens each..... unbelievable. they are the flood spot combo and i love them.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Updated, got my emergency flasher lights mounted inside my grille and on the back under my rear window, (use them if i ever get a fire call and need to use my personal vehicle... or make slow people pull over on the highway going home... hehe...
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

how the truck sits today in the driveway all shined up

AND i started my custom console today, its got two switches for my lights, plus my lighting control box for my flashers im going to fit in there somewhere, then above that i am going to eventually get gauges, then above that im going to order a 6.5" subwoofer to mount in there.. now i allready have a NBS console in the front of the car so this custom one im going to get made so it flows with the NBS one and then put .25" foam and vinyl over the two so they look as one... even thoough there two different things... what can i say, we have a family car custom business and interior are my grandpas specialty so i have him as guidance over this project.. stay tuned for more this week!

[/IMG]

comment some opinions or suggestions, all will be noted!

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with summer closing in i had to bring all the toys for one last pic, heres my 51 chevy one ton fully restored.. our pontoon boat.. and my 96

Picture i had from the spring time with one of our firetrucks.. almost the same height and the fire rig is a cummins 5500..

had a little too much fun here.. forgot when this picture was taken thoough...

and i got this one tonight heading home on my service road

next weeks plan is to get new tires... im stuck between General Grabber at2's, goodyear duratracks, or mickey thompson baja stz's... thoughts?

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
been a long time since this was updated wow...

so i ended up going with dura track tires (love them) and plastidipped the rims

had a nice photoshoot in the snow

And then the typical problem. 4L60e blew... going to a fire call accellerated way to fast on the highway kept it basically at red line and it went... 360,000k on it. i wasnt even mad. so i decided to fix it right the first time, put a higher stall TC in, HD clutchpacks, vetter servos, shift kit, HD everything.. all in all with 2 new driveshafts 4 new u joints, tie rod ends, stabilizer bars, rear main seal it rolled out of the shop with a $5000 bill... oh well. upgrades stopped for awhile.

recent engine bay shot (i want a throttle body spacer for the sound)

traffic control as a massive fire rolled in the distance

and basically the summer, spent all the free time at the lake when i wasnt out in the bush firefighting

finally got my driver side door repainted and hauling my other baby around (suzuki eiger 400)

Saskatchewan: the land of the living skies

when i kept forgetting to wash it for a month..

and how she sits today... 6 months after grade 12 grad and i finally had a decent grad pic done

also ended up welding a headache rack and buying a 50" curved light bar on there

mine and the little brothers truck

and thats how she sits.. 180,000 km on the engine, 20,000 on trans 30,000 on rear diff and transfer case and front diff have both been serviced (yes i do most of my own work minus crazy stuff like the trans) plans as of right now: want to get 1" wheel spacers for the back tires, upgrade the lift to a 4" suspension lift, throw on some 35's with a nice sized offset, 35% tint on the front windows then who knows what.. but none of that can happen till im done paramedic school haha. ill try to keep this a little more updated..