95 Chevy k1500 wiring nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justice7688

Reaction score
It still won't let me yokes the video it says it's too large. I cut it down to 3 seconds but it won't. It just sounds like popcorn popping thru the exhaust now. It wants to actually start you can tell but I know it's not 180 or I just redid everything from scratch someone give me a shotgun and hold my beer

Justice7688

Reaction score
I think I figured it out but I would love a second opinion before taking it back apart I got a throttle body out of a truck with a 4.3 I think I need to change the fuel pressure regulator to the 5.7 one then it should run. Can anyone tell me before I go and buy it with the rebuild kit or should I just use the injectors or if it and rebuild the one I have?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a throttle body out of a truck with a 4.3 I think I need to change the fuel pressure regulator to the 5.7 one then it should run. Can anyone tell me before I go and buy it with the rebuild kit or should I just use the injectors or if it and rebuild the one I have?
The fuel pressure regulator is the same as a 5.7 but, the 4.3 injectors are smaller so, combined with low fuel pressure (maybe) AND smaller injectors you MAY be lean popping. To me, it sounds like you're still off on timing, maybe not 180* but not right. Do you have a timing light? You can check it while cranking.

Justice7688

Reaction score
Yes I do but I don't have a remote start button and trying to get anyone around here to come out for a second to give someone a hand is like posing on a forest fire. Not even worth trying cause it ain't gonna do **** lol. But yeah I'll see what I can get accomplished hoodlums today. I really wanted it running before today since today is my birthday and I don't get to see my kids. Getting the truck on the road after so long would be a great birthday gift to myself. Thanks for the advice.

Justice7688

Reaction score
The rotor wasn't down all the way and it was on backwards. I flipped it and put it in right and had to reset the timing because it was 180 out now. I've got it right and I got it to fire up and start but I'm finding it difficult to set the timing for the simple fact I can't be in the truck and under the hood at the same time and my drunk ass neighbor is going to end up cutting off my arm trying to start it when I'm not ready lbvs. But I did get it to start and that's the best sound I've heard out of that truck in over a year.

Last edited: