Ignition coil wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That_91K1500

Reaction score
Having issues with my 1991 Chevy Silverado k1500 with the 5.7 liter 350. At some point a motor from another truck was put into mine and now I’m having issues with the motor idling properly(misfires, backfires, stalls). I have replaced plugs and wires didn’t help at all also replaced egr, IAC, and the distributor is only 6 months old. Started looking into ignition coil and there are two white wires coming off of the one connector that leads into a roll of tape and comes out as one wire, curious if this is normal or if someone has messed with the wiring? Hope this is allowed it is my first post on this page.
You must be registered for see images attach

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I'm seeing the pictures correctly..Looks like a connector for an extra tach from what everyone says. Mine isn't being used either. There's some talk of it..Here's one example..

.. Sorry that won't be your issue...unless it's the actual coil connectors you're showing?
Have you pulled any codes or can you get access to a scanner?

That_91K1500

Reaction score
If I'm seeing the pictures correctly..Looks like a connector for an extra tach from what everyone says. Mine isn't being used either. There's some talk of it..Here's one example..

.. Sorry that won't be your issue...unless it's the actual coil connectors you're showing?
Have you pulled any codes or can you get access to a scanner?
Scanners shows no codes

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can go here and get your manual. I like the emissions ones because they have nice descriptions and troubleshooting areas... You should be able to start getting some measurements that can help. TBH, your pictures are a little hard to understand for me.

That_91K1500

Reaction score
You can go here and get your manual. I like the emissions ones because they have nice descriptions and troubleshooting areas... You should be able to start getting some measurements that can help. TBH, your pictures are a little hard to understand for me.
Alright thanks man. Yea i figured the pictures wouldn’t help too much