Ignition coil issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrobsMan

Reaction score
Thanks...
Under a load when driving might affect things a bit too I'm guessing.....
I didn’t hear any pinging under load but I decided to start running the no ethanol fuel which is 90 or 92 octane so I make sure it won’t ping

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn’t hear any pinging under load but I decided to start running the no ethanol fuel which is 90 or 92 octane so I make sure it won’t ping
cool. I hadn't realized it was driven yet..
I've been running ethanol free for years. It was always nice to pull up to the desolate gas stations after a hurricane would cause everyone to empty the ethanol..lol
price hurts a bit....

can only get 89 efree around here. 90 a little ways out... by the beaches it's pretty easy to find obviously...

oddly enough I heard ethanol is actually a good octane booster in gas iirc.....

MrobsMan

Reaction score
cool. I hadn't realized it was driven yet..
I've been running ethanol free for years. It was always nice to pull up to the desolate gas stations after a hurricane would cause everyone to empty the ethanol..lol
price hurts a bit....

can only get 89 efree around here. 90 a little ways out... by the beaches it's pretty easy to find obviously...

oddly enough I heard ethanol is actually a good octane booster in gas iirc.....
Personally I hate ethanol it’s basically water I don’t like the thought of water in my gas so I try to keep no ethanol fuel in it. And since my timming is advanced 90-93 octane is better off for me

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Personally I hate ethanol it’s basically water I don’t like the thought of water in my gas so I try to keep no ethanol fuel in it. And since my timming is advanced 90-93 octane is better off for me
I don't know where you came up with the idea that ethonal is "basically water" but, the ethanol in gasoline contains 3.06 teaspoon of water per gallon which translates to .625 pints in 20 gallons. So while there is a very small amount of water in ethanol it is far from being "basically water".

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running no-ethanol will do nothing to stop pinging. Ethanol is naturally a higher octane and better at resisting pinging.

Alcohol is actually good at getting moisture out of your fuel tank. Ever use a bottle of HEET in your tank? Sure, it runs it through the engine, but so long as you don't hydrolock it you're alright. It actually helps clean the valves.

I absolutely agree that ethanol fuel is a scam to subsidize corn prices, but it's here and as a consumer you really need to consider it with facts. You'll make slightly more horsepower with ethanol, but you'll also lose a little gas mileage.

MrobsMan

Reaction score
Running no-ethanol will do nothing to stop pinging. Ethanol is naturally a higher octane and better at resisting pinging.

Alcohol is actually good at getting moisture out of your fuel tank. Ever use a bottle of HEET in your tank? Sure, it runs it through the engine, but so long as you don't hydrolock it you're alright. It actually helps clean the valves.

I absolutely agree that ethanol fuel is a scam to subsidize corn prices, but it's here and as a consumer you really need to consider it with facts. You'll make slightly more horsepower with ethanol, but you'll also lose a little gas mileage.
Yes I love Heet it’s great stuff