94 k1500 wheel size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had a few 2wd gmt400 trucks all with 15 inch wheels and pretend brakes. Bolt circle is 5x5 if I recall.
Hmmm. I have a project that could use 5 X 5 GMT400 2wd wheels, either 15" or 16". Already have the tires for 15". Gonna have to scour the Treasure Yards.

The center-hole size might be an issue.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well...uh...ummm...YEAH. Sure I was!

Truth is, my brain just assumes that a GMT400 is a 4WD. I only know one guy around here who had a 2WD. (That assumption has gotten me into trouble with bad advice on this board before.)

So...what is the bolt circle on those C1500s? 5 X 5", or 5 X 5 1/2"?
GM full size 2wd trucks were 5x5" from the 70s until the GMT800 when they went to 6-lug 2wd.
The Dodge and Ferd used the 5.5" bolt circle.

On a side note, GM 2wd 2500 LD trucks were 6-lug. And I'd like to know if a Z71 alloy wheel will fits a 2wd 2500. I know the steelies do...

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not , manufacturing a line of wheels separately, when you have tooling a production supply in place. Nope bad idea, your fired. :3811797817_8d685371

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something else to add. Not only did 400 have 15 and 16 wheels they also had 5 lug 16 wheels. Most 16 were either 6 lug or 8. And last they had 2 different 15" steel wheel offsets.

Jjbiskup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The wheels i picked up for $80. Does anybody know if it is possible to remove the corrosion off these wheels?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possible? Sure.

Practical? Not so much. You'd need to polish down to clean metal in a way that didn't make it look obvious that it was a "spot job"--so if the wheel has a machined surface (some do, some don't) you'd have to duplicate the machining. More realistically, you'd have to polish or machine the ENTIRE WHEEL, then clearcoat whatever you polished/machined to keep the corrosion from coming back.

And THEN, you have to tell the wheel-balance guy to not put clamp-on weights on the outside (visible side) of the wheel, so you're gonna spend more for a "mag wheel balance" using tape-weights just behind the spokes, and either tape weights or clamp-on on the inside rim.

Jjbiskup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Possible? Sure.

Practical? Not so much. You'd need to polish down to clean metal in a way that didn't make it look obvious that it was a "spot job"--so if the wheel has a machined surface (some do, some don't) you'd have to duplicate the machining. More realistically, you'd have to polish or machine the ENTIRE WHEEL, then clearcoat whatever you polished/machined to keep the corrosion from coming back.

And THEN, you have to tell the wheel-balance guy to not put clamp-on weights on the outside (visible side) of the wheel, so you're gonna spend more for a "mag wheel balance" using tape-weights just behind the spokes, and either tape weights or clamp-on on the inside rim.
Honestly i just want it to look good when im looking back at it. Are you familiar with brake bomber? Should i wax the wheels? Or is there some other miracle solution for wheels.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Attachments

• 00CTGEE7.webp.jpg
    00CTGEE7.webp.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 12