94 GMC K2500 with Fi-Tech EFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can only see about a 1/4 of it on your pics. I checked out Lokar's website and don't see anything close to what you have.

the bracket I used is SUM-210239BLK
The Lokar throttle cable number is TCP-1000HT36
Both part numbers are Summit. I then went to Ace Hardware and got a spring. The regular return springs for carbs are way to stiff for me.

Wheeler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did all my homework prior to my build, & went with the Holley Sniper & Hyperspark Dizzy. Plug & Play, self learns & controls timing with ease.... I really hope you have no issues setting up the Fi-Tech!

Not saying what you should have done, NO one could of talked me out of what I wanted! Just wanting to make sure you know how easy the Sniper & Hyperspark work!

Last edited:

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did all my homework prior to my build, & went with the Holley Sniper & Hyperspark Dizzy. Plug & Play, self learns & controls timing with ease.... I really hope you have no issues setting up the Fi-Tech!

Not saying what you should have done, NO one could of talked me out of what I wanted! Just wanting to make sure you know how easy the Sniper & Hyperspark work!

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to set the timing on the sniper the same as fi tech. Lock the distributor out and sync it to the handset then set your own curve.

Wheeler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All u have to do is obviously make sure the #1 piston at TDC, drop the dizzy in, put the clear cap on that has a little indent on the side, mark that with a sharpie on the housing, rotate it until the rotor lines up with sharpie mark & lock er down. Set the sniper for the timing u want, fire it up & verify what u set matches with a timing light. Too easy. Then the sniper does the rest! U can fine tune & play with timing but I’m going to leave that for when I dyno tune the motor.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All u have to do is obviously make sure the #1 piston at TDC, drop the dizzy in, put the clear cap on that has a little indent on the side, mark that with a sharpie on the housing, rotate it until the rotor lines up with sharpie mark & lock er down. Set the sniper for the timing u want, fire it up & verify what u set matches with a timing light. Too easy. Then the sniper does the rest! U can fine tune & play with timing but I’m going to leave that for when I dyno tune the motor.

Interesting. The fi tech you have to manually set the timing curve you want. I didn't realize Sniper would adjust like a modern day ECU. Pretty cool. Sniper wasn't out when I got my Fi Tech.