94 ecsb crate motor swap, tranny Q's with carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm new here, but like most have been lurking around for a while. Its finally scratched the itch enough to want to do some upgrading. Ive got a 94 sierra as just a spare truck/ toy, that's been around (371000km) and the old 350 tbi is getting a little tired. So now its time for a swap. I had a ZZ4 left over from another project that's begging for a home. After a little bit of upgrading, it will be ready for the swap soon.

Here she is all cleaned up, showing off here good side, lol
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Plans
swap out the L98 heads and low rise intake for Edelbrock e-tec 170's, and vortec dual plane air gap
holley of some sort
bypass reg run off stock tbi fuel lines
griffin alum rad - also recycled from project
hooker long tubes - also recycled, but not sure if they will fit

The truck already has shorty headers, dual exhaust and h-pipe, and flowmasters. My biggest question is about controlling the 4l60. It sounds like i need to hook up tps to the carb, keep the cts, and hook up tach signal from the new hei, and I should be good. Will it still shift at factory redline though? 4500RPM isn't real exciting. Will i need a chip just to change shift points? Does this plan sound good otherwise so far? Anything missing i should look out for?

Thanks!