94 Chevy Truck Tailight issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Chevyshorty

Reaction score
1994 chevy silverado shorty, took the bed off recently and now i'm having issues with the wiring, the 4 prong connector that comes from the front of the truck is perfectly fine. turn signals, markers, and reverse lights show up from that plug at full power, but then i connect it to the bed harness, and nothing works, some stuff works but very dim. no reverse lights either. i took my tail light out and checked for power on the one piece connector that connects to the circuit board on the tail light itself, and for some reason when there is something turned on like a directional or markers, every single connector terminal on one plug has power. in other words it seems like one wire with power from the truck is giving power to four wires on the bed. Anyone have an idea of whats up?

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im currently having a similar issue. Ive replaced the circuit boards on the taillights and all the bulbs. I also inspected the whole rear harness for damaged wires. Ive narrowed it down to a bad ground somewhere in the truck. Ill let you know if I get my issue figured out.

94Chevyshorty

Reaction score
Im currently having a similar issue. Ive replaced the circuit boards on the taillights and all the bulbs. I also inspected the whole rear harness for damaged wires. Ive narrowed it down to a bad ground somewhere in the truck. Ill let you know if I get my issue figured out.

From what i know the ground on these trucks is on the drivers side near the 4 prong connector and mine seems to be right underneath the crossbeam.

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My issue was that something in that rear harness that splits to the taillights was pushing power thru the ground wire. I replaced the harness and now everything works perfectly