94 k1500 interior light questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jjbiskup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just added floor lights along with an ashtray light and glovebox light as the harness came with the dash I swapped in my truck. The harness came with a green and gray connector. I plugged the green one in and it worked fine which was for the floor lights and glovebox light. The ashtray light appears to be on its own plug which contains a brown and black wire. Black being ground. I for some reason cannot figure out why plug terminal in the convenience center will not become hot for the gray terminals. I’m assuming it only comes on when the dimmer switch is all the way on, but it is not. I took apart an old interior harness and the only conclusion I came to is that the dimmer switch is not working. Also is the dimmer switch(the wheel) supposed to actually dim the lights or just turn them on when it clicks into the top position. I also broke the glovebox light trying to fix it, anybody know where I can get one online or just go to the local yard?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dimming is only instrument lighting. Or all the way up or on ( full brightness) to override door switches to turn on , interior lighting and dome with doors closed.
Probably piknpull would be faster and easier.