94 c1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well… it’s been awhile, but it’s time to rekindle this build thread. For awhile I lost interest in the truck and it sat for several months, but now the wait is over. First task to tackle: the interior. The plan was to just do a new dash and some kilmat. But after I yanked the old stuff out I decided new carpet would be the move to make. I also found that the heater core had been leaking and running down the firewall under the carpet. Excellent. There was also a leak on the cowl letting rain water in the cab, that was two weeks of headache trying to find it and seal it off.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next to get yanked was what was left of the original dash.

Then the floor was removed of its corroded spots

I did paint over the primer with black but I guess I didn’t take a picture.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next was the kilmat. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be and it turned out looking terrible next to other people’s work I’ve seen, but the new carpet covers it up so it’s perfect.

Again, I didn’t remember to take a picture of it when I finished.

Onto the dash. Thanks to LMC truck, I now have a dashboard that is in one piece and doesnt become smaller pieces everytime I open and shut the doors. The painting process was a bit sketchy, but it’s the best I could do and all things considered I think it turned out pretty good.

A major milestone for me. I was scared of this project at first but the more I dove in the easier it became to overcome that fear.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Carpet next. I went through a company called Stock Interiors and I’m very pleased with their product. I ordered it with their “massbacking” option which is the same as the stock carpet has on the back of it. This has far less jute included but that hasn’t seemed to be an issue thus far.

It took a good bit of trimming but I got it in there.

After the carpet was the seats. These are still in excellent shape besides the brackets, which I wire wheeled, primered and painted black

I forgot to mention that both seatbelt brackets were rusted to an uncomfortable degree and the driver side bolt snapped off causing another delay. A suburban at the pick-n-pull donated a set that cleaned up nicely.

From this point it was finding little trim pieces that got lost or broken along the way. Dash bezels, sill plates, dash pod cover etc. I also took out the 10 disc CD changer that sat under the driver seat. I plan to replace the current head unit with one that has Bluetooth and won’t need 10 discs. Plus that under seat storage is kinda nice.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The brake pedal has been the typical kind of mushy for a 30 year old pickup, so to remedy this I installed stainless steel braided brake hoses and flushed the almost black fluid out. The pedal feel is amazing and the truck stops way better, even with the puny JB5 brakes on the rear.

The rear line fought me quite a bit and I ended up having to cut the fitting off and flare on a new one.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today some boxes showed up.

The front suspension is getting a new lease on life. I ordered the Mevotec Terrain Tough kit from Rockauto since that’s what everyone seems to have the least amount of problems with. I also received the knockout tool from Amazon, hopefully I can make quick and easy work of this (not a chance lol)