94 Blazer build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Went around the truck last night and made a list of what needs to be replaced or fixed. My rear hatch is not opening. I am guessing it is the latch mechanism or switch. Same with my wipers. The front ones are not engaging, however the turn signals and high beams work which leads me to beleive that its a wiper pulse board or the whole motor.
I picked up a new pulse board, as well as oil, filter, valve cover gaskets and high mileage oil additive. Going to be doing all that tomorrow.
Once you can get the latch open on the back glass and gate, spray some white lithium grease into it. That, or Lock Ease, is great stuff for latches and hinges.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changing the oil was a ***** and a half today. The old filter was on so tight and since the truck was sitting for awhile, it would not budge. The old screwdriver through it trick did not work, neither did an oil filter wrench. In fact, the screw driver tore it up. I messed up the adapter in the process, but luckily I found a spare in my scrap pile. I'll clean it up, throw new gaskets on and toss it in.
You must be registered for see images attach

For better news, I ordered a nice clean OEM steering wheel from EBay. :)

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always shake my head to some people who tighten an oil filter with a wrench. Turning it by hand 1 revolution/until it can't go anymore is good enough. :)

I thought you tightened it til the metal touches metal lol....

Jk. Dont do that. Guys at my job used pliers on the diesel filters. Makes me freak out. Takin them off you practically need a pipe wrench

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I thought you tightened it til the metal touches metal lol....

Jk. Dont do that. Guys at my job used pliers on the diesel filters. Makes me freak out. Takin them off you practically need a pipe wrench
Some people don't put oil on the gasket surfaces either. That will make the filter stick. Voice of experience talking! I do mine until they get firm up on the adapter, and then another half a turn. I use the AC cup wrench and the filter it fits.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some people don't put oil on the gasket surfaces either. That will make the filter stick. Voice of experience talking! I do mine until they get firm up on the adapter, and then another half a turn. I use the AC cup wrench and the filter it fits.

Yes agreed on oil on filter. I even pour oil in the filter. We use to use plumbers grease on o rings so I understand the concept lol

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting her registered and insured today. Brought new brakes and rotors for the front last night. I figured out my problem with the wipers, it was a missing fuse. Well at least it now has a new circut board on it so it's one less thing to worry about.
Also had to mess around in the autozone parking lot while picking up the brakes. Lol

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Used a pipe wrench to get the last part of the broken filter out, and replaced the fitting in the middle that the filter screws on to. Got the brakes and rotors installed also