94 Auto to 5spd swap Reverse Light wires??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adb5274.ab

Reaction score
So I pulled the 4L60 out of my 94 k1500 4x4 and put a 5spd out of a 98 k1500 in it.
It originally had the big round plug (maybe 15 pin) in the auto trans, I cant find the reverse light wires to wire into the 5spds reverse light plug.
The manual I found said Drk Blue and Lt GRN, so I snipped those wires and spliced them into my rev plug on the 5 spd, no rev lights tho, so I then tried the pink and light green because those are the colors on the 5 spd plug, still no rev lights.

Any one know which wires i need to splice into?? i could just run a hot wire to one side on the switch and the other side of the switch to the rev light wire running along the frame rail but would like to do it the "cleaner" way if possible

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your reverse light wires on a '94 (and a whole mess of earlier models) are on a switch near the bottom of the steering column, inside the cab, close to the firewall. That's the park/neutral safety and reverse light combo switch.

Richard