'94 454 performance upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LikeARock94

Reaction score
I have a '94 C2500 ECLB Silverado with a 454. I just bought it a few months ago and it's in great shape. 118k miles, no rust (incredible for Ohio), and looks to have been lightly used over it's life. I can't leave anything alone so I want to beef up the motor a bit. Nothing outrageous because this truck is basically my work truck. I want it to be able to tow and do work, but get better fuel economy and pull harder than stock.
I'm going to completely redo the exhaust. I'm thinking 2.5" true duals with long tube headers, no cats. I'm going to get some Gen VI Vortec heads for it to bump the compression, an aluminum intake, Ultimate TBI mods, EBL, Vortec fuel pump, and upgrade the valve train (adjustable, 3/8" pushrods, etc).
My biggest question is on the cam selection. I don't want to go too big and lose fuel economy, I definitely don't care if i can "hear" the cam, but I don't want to go too small and leave potential performance on the table. I'm kind of thinking somewhere in the Summit K1300 (208/218, .475/.500) or K1301 (218/228, .502/.501) cam range. The 1300 seems like a good choice for the stock L19 but this will not be a stock L19 when I'l all said and done. The compression should be over 9.0:1, so it can handle a bit more cam.
Has anyone done these kinds of upgrades? What has worked well for you?
You must be registered for see images attach

ddaxe

If it don't go... chrome it..!!
Reaction score
I have done some of those mods on my 93... and I also ported the heads... it's very responsive.. I've recent bought a Moates APU1 tuning package to take it up another notch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk