94 2wd, to SAS 4x4:) ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i just picked up a 1994 ECSB 2wd, for $250 from my grandpas friend who recently just passed away. And being in michigan, and winter isnt far off, i was wondering how hard would it be to SAS my 2wd truck. I have axles, a np208 transfer case and a 4wd 700r4, or i could just throw my entire carbed 350, 700r4, np208 into it. I have an 86 K10, which i will be retiring as soon as i get my 94 road ready. but then ill be able to drive my 87 K10 if i decide to do the swap. But basically, my question is. How much work would be involved to swap the axles and leaf springs from my 86 K10 onto my 94 C10? I do have a welder, if need be. But i would just like anyones opinion before i get in over my head. thanks in advance

Last edited:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
There is a guy on fsc selling a bracket kit for a 2wd for 750 and I believe he is in michigan, look up greasedog over there. Other than that there is a whole list of things you will need to think of. As soon as I am on a real computer I will give a list.

Last edited:

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
i'm not in Michigan, but i'm DAMN close. LOL i'm right on the state line in Indiana. Elkhart to be exact.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
i'm not in Michigan, but i'm DAMN close. LOL i'm right on the state line in Indiana. Elkhart to be exact.

Ahh there he is, I had completely forgot about this thread. I am sure if you ask nice greasedog could let you know what is different in a 2wd and 4wd sas since I have only done/researched 4wds.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, well ive never done anything like an axle swap before. but what all would i need to have to do the swap. i have axles, springs, a 4x4 700r4 with an np208, i would need to get the drive shafts lengthend, front and rear shackles. unless i can use the ones off my donor truck? and im sure theres alot more, but its 2am, and i need some sleep. lol

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The easiest way would be to buy that kit that grease dog has. You'll have the brackets and the shackle's for the front already so all you'll need is the springs which you say you have. You'll have to have a shaft made for the front and you'll have to have the rear shortened. As far as the rear axle, you might want to do a shackle flip depending on how high you want to go. And one last thing, you'll have to cut a whole in the floor for your Tcase shifter.

There's a lot of little details besides that, but those are the main parts.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere that the 2wds have a huge front crossmember that needs to be removed and reworked, you'll also probably need a new tranny crossmember.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere that the 2wds have a huge front crossmember that needs to be removed and reworked, you'll also probably need a new tranny crossmember.

that it does. if you look on www.offroadunlimited.com at the instructions for the 2wd kit, it shows you where and how much to cut. its really not that bad at all. how much lift are you planning on running? i've heard of guys being able to use stock front shafts with certain levels of lift. could be a possibility.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright, ill have to take a look at that. and i would probably only run 35's. so not too much lift. and couldnt i just find a 4wd cross member from a 88-98 4x4? or wouldnt that work?

Last edited: