93 needing door bushing put on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody here or around Houston that can quote me a price on replacing my door bushings?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
If you're just talling about replacing the hinge pins and bushings its a pretty easy job to do yourself...

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im sure any body shop would do it. Or a mechanic. Its not a hard job.

Bushings? The pins???

The pins sit inside bushings. So Im assuming the bushings are getting worn and it needs new pins and bushings.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to replace the bushing but im going to just buy the kit that has the pins as well and my buddy next door is going to do it at his shop. The reason I don't want to do it is I have a bad back ruptured disc meaning more than one and I have had ton's of work on it. Be safe guys................

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I need to replace the bushing but im going to just buy the kit that has the pins as well and my buddy next door is going to do it at his shop. The reason I don't want to do it is I have a bad back ruptured disc meaning more than one and I have had ton's of work on it. Be safe guys................

Now it makes sense :). The doors are heavy as hell!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
You can take a floor jack and place a 2 X 4 on it then use that to support the door as it is pulled away from the truck, then you just have a friend help steady the door and adjust it as necessary, no one has to carry the weight.

florida-boy

Reaction score
i think i have the same problem. i can lift my door when its opened about a half inch up and down.... when i close my door it clips the top so i have to really slam the door ....and now!! the windshield is crackin more and more!
would this be the same problem? thanks