93 K2500 Suburban 454 Holley Sniper Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update- headers will not fit passenger side as I have rear heat and a/c in the Suburban. Going to use stock manifolds, replace the muffler with a straight thru ss 3 inch I had for my dual setup, then straight pipe the cat. When I get headers that fit, then I'll run dual 3" straight thru ss 409 mufflers (summit #sum-633000) and dual magnaflow cats.

I have valve spring compressor summit SUM-906784, and you'll need a stud to mount it with. I had some leftover ARP header studs from my Buick, and they fit perfect. It's a fine thread into the tool, and course into the head. I don't have the part number yet, but its something to be aware of.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And don't buy a cheap compression tester to hack into a valve spring inflator tool, they use some cheap chinese fittings that aren't going to go into a regular air hose. Time to splice n dice the hose itself and hose clamp some normal air fittings.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That valve spring tool needed the tabs adjusted a few degrees to sit flat with the springs. Nothing a vice and leverage can't fix. Springs are in. Do a few of the easiest first, then go for the hardest (rearward) next. I had to unmount all the wiring harness from the firewall to move it around the trans tube. I reused the factory rotators (they sit in the valve springs). They sell 0.30 incch think rotator eliminators, but I'm not going to spin this past 4500 at the most.

Still cleaning the intake side of the heads. Timing chain is on. Lifters are soaking in oil bath.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Worst part of the job was cleaning the intake gasket off the heads. I did a soak of wd-40 then brakecleen. Ended up masking it off like a paint booth and using a soft wire wheel on my battery powered 90* drill for most of it then a razor blade- that gasket was fused to the metal.

Had to order more gaskets, timing cover, water neck, water pump and valve cover. Gen V valve cover gaskets are not the same as old ones, they are a rubber oring type seal... Manifold is ready to go on.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Putting full parts list with numbers and prices, sitting at $3000 even. At least the truck only cost me $565 off ebay, then 2k in shipping, 1k in tires, 1k in air conditioning and 1k interior for cheap stereo, new carpet and floor liners, and headlights, and every interior bulb is LED. Still cheaper and way cooler than a new Suburban.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Timing cover gasket set/seals arrived. All parts here to complete the job. Truck sitting in side driveway, supposed to rain, ugh, might be next weekend.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That Weiand peanut port intake doesn't fit the stock Gen V heads, have to get the death wheel out and trim it on the front driver side to fit the bracket for the tensioner. Have to remove the rear engine lift loop bracket as well. I haven't got to grinding yet, but that's where the test fit ended up. Also the exhaust crossover areas are bigger than the intake metal, the gasket covers them, guess we'll see.