93 Extended cab step side (project)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The sub is a Kicker CVR 10 dual 4ohm VC in a seal down fire box. The amp is a Kicker ZX300.1, it's a little under powered for the sub but it works good enough for me. The recommended one for it is the Kicker ZX 400.1 or I think ZX 450, I can't remember the exact model number. Right now I have the amp turned down so the sub breaks in like it needs too, so in a few days I'll be able to open it up and see what it can really do. The recommended power wire for my amp is 8AWG I ran 4AWG. I still haven't mounted the amp in permanently yet, I'm still trying to decide on where to put it. I might mount it on the back wall, I'm not sure yet.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Friday morning I got in my truck and hit the wipers cause there was dew on the windsheild. Well the arms went one time and quit. It was the circuit board in the motor that was bad, so I was gonna replace it at lunch before all the rain came that evening. I forgot to do it at lunch! I just happened to remember it 30 minutes before quitting time so I ran to the parts store. Pulled back up at work and in to the shop, replaced it and when I was backing out the bottom fell out. Talk about timing! LOL

Here are a few pics I have of my system
You must be registered for see images attach

I still haven't had time to mount the amp on the back wall yet!

I have been looking at LED tail and wanted some opinion on the ones I'm torn between.

OR

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good. Your hard shifting/staying in gear too long sounds like it might be a TV cable(throttle valve) adjustment issue. There is a procedure to set it up correctly that is pretty easy. Also as mentioned, the GMC corners are different than the Chevy.

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go with the red ones, I've got the smoke ones but there more chrome then smoked. I don't really like them.

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like you have a good start on a long project. What are you going to do with the stock seats you took out?