'93 Cheyenne & Silverado swapping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Ok, both trucks are '93s, blue interior, and 5.7s. Silverado has three things I'd like to have in the Cheyenne; instrument cluster with a tach, tilt column and cruise control.
I'm just wondering what wiring issues I'm going to run in to, if any? Would it be simpler to swap the distributor as well?
Any thoughts/suggestions?

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Not that this will help you, but my 96 Cheyenne has all 3 of those stock, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fairly simple swap/add on to yours. I think the biggest issue might be missing pins(if any) in the column harness. Total speculation on my part.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
There honestly shouldn't be ANY differences in the wiring between the two. The 92-94 cluster harnesses were pinned for tach whether they came with one or not (afaik). The cruise harness, I've read it's also there regardless of actually having cruise or not as well. Dunno why you'd need to swap the dist...

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will follow this one with interest. Mine is a '93 Cheyenne. It has cruise from the factory but not the tilt column or the tach cluster. I have a tach cluster for it with almost the right number of miles (lots) so I particularly want to know how that goes. The tilt column would be nice but I'm in no hurry for that.