92 through 94 110mph speedometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The cluster doesn't know what size tires or axle ratio a 92-up truck has. Pete, while your 88 (and 89-91) handles that inside the cluster; 92-95 handle it externally with the DRAC module. The cluster is literally just a drop-in. Now if he changes tire sizes like he said he plans to, then yeah he'll need to recalibrate, but that's cake really. Modding a DRAC is definitely easier than modding an 88-91 cluster, though the process is pretty much the same, it's a lot less disassembly.

Richard

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since the needles look like they have the same sweep distance as the 5k rpm/85mph gauge set I would assume the circuit board in the base of the cluster is different so they read correctly? I know with my truck which is a V6 that once I got a V6 tach cluster I was able to swap on a much nicer looking V8 gauge face but for me as long as I keep the V6 in it I don't think this 110mph gauge face would read correctly if I put it in my V6 gauge base. Should I ever get lucky and find one maybe that will be my motivation to finally V8 swap it lol!

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
My truck is a TBI 350, so in theory it should work. That is if I can ever find one

Good luck with the search, because I never did find one. Honestly going with an aftermarket gauge setup would be the best way to get something besides 85 mph.

I got crackhead crazy and did a 1994 to 97-98 dash swap with the 3/4 & 1 ton airbag delete pocket and now using the 120 Esky/Denali cluster. I’m glad I did it, but can’t say I would ever do one again.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck with the search, because I never did find one. Honestly going with an aftermarket gauge setup would be the best way to get something besides 85 mph.

I got crackhead crazy and did a 1994 to 97-98 dash swap with the 3/4 & 1 ton airbag delete pocket and now using the 120 Esky/Denali cluster. I’m glad I did it, but can’t say I would ever do one again.
I'm about ready to give up on 1988-1994 GMT400's as project ideas and go ahead with a 1996-up and start looking for engine swap candidates. :) Mostly though because it's so hard to find a good older interior package; the seats, door panels, and dash are almost always toast by now. On the newer interior design it's usually just the seats, sometimes the dash.. anyway yeah I've done that interior swap, once, and don't wanna do it again. Hell I didn't even enjoy swapping interior from one new style to another new style. What a pain.

Richard

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I'm about ready to give up on 1988-1994 GMT400's as project ideas and go ahead with a 1996-up and start looking for engine swap candidates. :) Mostly though because it's so hard to find a good older interior package; the seats, door panels, and dash are almost always toast by now. On the newer interior design it's usually just the seats, sometimes the dash.. anyway yeah I've done that interior swap, once, and don't wanna do it again. Hell I didn't even enjoy swapping interior from one new style to another new style. What a pain.

Richard

I’m in the same thought process about looking for a 95-up to start with. I already know I will have to build my next GMT400 my way anyway, because the odds of finding what I want at a price I am willing to pay is slim. My dream is to have a 3/4 or 1 ton CCSB and an NV4500 manual.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Really small sample size here but I did just run across an ad for a 1992 'sport' model truck (though it has the 350SS decals on the bedsides), it's got the stuff you'd expect on the sport model. It *looks* like a 454SS with the black paint and red/black body molding, black grille, black painted bumpers, valance with fog lights, chrome SS wheels...

And it's got a gray cloth split bench, and a non-tach cluster. So, just the regular ol' 85mph boring setup.

Hey; it's got 98K miles so anything could have changed over the years, especially if it had been stolen/recovered and anything stripped from it. But the truck does look like an original 98K mile well-cared-for truck, with a bunch of little rock chips across the front bumper and hood edge, etc. $15.5K from that place in Sherman a bit pricey for me but the truck does look fairly nice.

I'd wonder just how much of the equipment info base we could fill in with some decodes of the SPID labels of a few 454SS trucks and a few Sport models. Just not enough of them out there, and since the label is on the glovebox floor of the 88-94 trucks, often they're partially/completely illegible by now.

Richard

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are a couple of more pictures out of the service and parts books. B4U is what I'm assuming is the 110mph one.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach