92 silverado with bad 700r4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHEVYKID1

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 92 silverado 4x4 reg cab long box with tbi 350 and a 700r4. The tranny is done, but my question is i can get a 700r4 and t-case from an 89 full size blazer with a tbi 350 connected to it for 350 bucks, will this transmission fit right into my truck, or will there be a lot fabrication to make it work.
If anything needs to be modified for it to fit, what would it be?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
direct bolt in no mods use your transfer case the blazer one has the passenger side driveshaft your truck is drivers side driveshaft

CHEVYKID1

Reaction score
direct bolt in no mods use your transfer case the blazer one has the passenger side driveshaft your truck is drivers side driveshaft

Thank you, this helps a lot, but will all of the cables and wires and all of that stuff also be a direct fit, or will any of that need to be modified

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It should all be direct fit. There should only be one plug in on the trans for the tourqe convertor. Just to be safe use the tv cable from your 92 so that it will be the right length (89 should be also).

If you can pick up the tcase for cheap go ahead, they arent that common and ideal for a SAS using a chev axle.