90's slave cd player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

54jimmy

Reaction score
has anyone ever seen one of these. I got it off a co worker. he said it worked. came out of his old truck. which was a 1994 full size blazer. I though he was giving me an aftermarket single din cd player but I got this instead. he said it mounts under the dash in the center of the truck. he gave me all the plugs and hardware. it just plugs inline with the factory radio from what he told me.
what are the worth and how rare are these. as it will not fit any of my trucks.
You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is only worth what somebody is willing to pay you for it. That being said, I've never seen one and it is pretty cool.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Holy crap! I would say that is heka-rare!

That looks so cool, I have been trying to look up what one of those look like but Google can't bring up images of one. Nice to finally see one!

PeteyG708

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Never knew the 88-94 style had those! I have only ever heard and seen the 95-98 style ones.

I got rid of the one in my truck. It didnt come with the factory headunit (was swapped before I got it) so I gave it away.

Tachyon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know how rare they are. My company bought two new Tahoe's in '98 and both had them. They came in any truck of that vintage that was ordered with the optional CD player for the stereo, because these stereo's also had cassette players, the CD player was external. If your truck has a Delco stereo with a "storage pocket" underneath, that truck was available with one of these. However to work with it your stereo has to have a tape deck and an aux/CD button. Basically 90% of the people who might want this are people with a vehicle that came with one and it's broken and they need a replacement. For most everyone else, what IS rare is to have the up optioned stereo but the CD delete. In other words, you had to specifically ask not to get the CD player with the stereo it was compatible with. That means that there are a rare few trucks (and GM cars) out there with the factory compatible stereo but without the CD player.

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Believe what is rare is that this is for 88-94 NOT 95+, which was way more likely to have said auxiliary CD player. Either way it's a 90's era CD player of questionable quality to begin with. It's likely not going to work great if at all at this point. It would, and is, making a nice conversation piece, so it's got that going for it anyway.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2, the later 95+ ones are a dime per dozen. I've never seen an 88-94 model like what OP posted, though.

Tachyon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They just revised the look between 94 and 97. Same basic setup though.