89 Cheyenne aka Sour Girl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Black would make the truck look tiny like an S10.. idunno why. Lol... Glad your doin a color, the green would look clean as fk, but tan.. thatd be something different. Thatd probably look pretty freaken sweet!

i have a handful of tiny dents in the floor, if i paint it back green i want to fix those dents.. originally i was gonna have the bed spray lined...but the green shows the dents (more like dings).. i thought tan would tie in with the interior nicely... just dont know how bad it would be to keep clean. I'm on the fence about green tinted spray liner incase i decide on color change down the road.. and im not feeling black spray liner... unless i did the floor only, and the sides and wheel tubs, header panel and tailgate in green paint (color matched)

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
bracing and getting the measurements laid out

You must be registered for see images attach

this is the part that turned my stomach....hehe grinding on paint that's less than 2 yrs old... and quite pricey.

some cuts made.. you can see in the header panel two thin black lines marking where the panel will be sectioned to retain the stock appearance. (again, another pic that turns my stomach LOL)

the final measurement (if i'm not mistaking) of the cut sections is 7 11/16"

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So u gonna get spray in liner? Looking good. I wish I'd never cut up my floor. I can't find a bed around here in good shape.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
i'm on the fence between spray liner and re-painting it... to be honest.

If you never plan to put anything in the bed I would paint it. I'm trying to find a good bed to cut the floor out of and leave my stock floor, then weld up the new floor above the notches and get it Line-Xed. I would only have to make a panel in the back to cover the gap between the two beds.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
If you never plan to put anything in the bed I would paint it. I'm trying to find a good bed to cut the floor out of and leave my stock floor, then weld up the new floor above the notches and get it Line-Xed. I would only have to make a panel in the back to cover the gap between the two beds.

i'm leaning towards painting it back green.

your plan is what i would have done, but i could never find a nice bed-floor to use.

Reaction score
why not paint the walls, and line just the floor in a green liner? I know you carry stuff every now and again, itd beat haven to tote around cargo mats.. Especially if you end up picking something up thats not planned and youve got no blanket. Or, just a thought.. Put a simple door under the floor at the tailgate gap, build a basic box under the floor there just for a few cargo blankets and maybe some emergency tools or parts?? Then if all being painted, your always safe..? :think: