89 & 95 intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought maybe there was an improvement available
There are improvements which can be done but, if you're going to keep the rest of the engine stock, the original TB is sufficient.

the only difference I've seen is whether a certain boss on the front of the manifold is drilled and tapped, or left as-cast.
I think the boss @Schurkey is referring to is this one with the red arrow pointing to it. This is off my 88, HTH.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The B body internet rumor Schurkey mentions must be true as Edelbrock 3704 intakes are listed as not compatible for them, but all the truck intakes should work.
Instead, this may possibly be due to hood clearance issues as the Edelbrock is a bit taller than stock. The OEM air cleaner is pretty close to the hood as it is.

Dunno as I got out of the B body game years ago and had never considered an Edelbrock intake for one of those.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There are improvements which can be done but, if you're going to keep the rest of the engine stock, the original TB is sufficient.

I think the boss @Schurkey is referring to is this one with the red arrow pointing to it. This is off my 88, HTH.
Just for reference's sake, the intake on my '94 had that boss drilled and tapped. Wasn't used for anything, but there it was. Original intake about 99% sure as I had bought the truck from the original owner with just over 100K miles and it was bone stock. You can spot it up front there, filled with that white spider egg goo.. :p pic taken at around 158K miles prior to teardown for intake gasket replacement.

Richard

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both my intakes have the boss up front and neither are used.
I have the 89 in the shop near the 95 replacement engine, looks like the throttle, cruise. Tv bracket is different, I'll swap these.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both my intakes have the boss up front and neither are used.
Yeah I went out and looked at my old manifold and my new Edelbrock 3704, they both have the boss but neither use it. I thought maybe it was used for the support bar on the belt tensioner but that goes to the T-Stat bolt.