88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
but you tow in 2wd, so it's kinda the same right?
Good point
My mentality is similar. 2wd trucks just don't seem as tough. Probably because their stance.

Less weight = more payload!

His RPMs are insane.
Yah ik just somthing about them haha
That round fender is bad ass!
I saw this in the thread preview and thought dave bought a John Deere round fender! Lol you got me all excited.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
That's awesome and I'm glad the dually made ya proud
Nice!!!! Congrats Dave!
I'm glad it went smoothly. For whatever reason (probably due to the transmission stuff beforehand) I was super concerned about driving out of my normal range, and with as much weight.

That round fender is bad ass!
I saw this in the thread preview and thought dave bought a John Deere round fender! Lol you got me all excited.
Lol or a cub cadet ;)
:lol: never heard it called that.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I swear... Everything I own is lifted! Now she just needs some bigger tires...
You must be registered for see images attach

So I went on another trip, big group camping adventure. On the way there I was exiting the freeway and started to hear a hissing sound. Pulled over to check the truck and found one of my rigid dually valve extensions must have been hit by something and the valve stem snapped off the inner dual. So, out came the spare. I'm glad to have a matching size spare under the truck. Luckily the tire had just started loosing pressure and didn't take any damage. Let me tell you, jacking the truck up with the camper on was no feat, hence me taking some pressure off by use of the camper jacks.

After like 40mins, I was on my way. This year we had like 80 people, a tiki bar, DJ, a bunch of lighting and lasers, and a hot tub.... Who ever said you had to stop having fun?

We use the cargo trailer to haul a good portion of the equipment (all the AV stuff, a chest freezer, and food) and the hot tub/tiki bar was built on another trailer. On the way out I got some mad flex with the trailer.

And here is the shot of all my RV buddies.

Since the valve extension incident, I decided to switch to flexible extensions that have a bracket. Since there is nothing designed for my weld wheels, I had to come up with my own solution. Not the prettiest weld in the world, had to do it with the ol' stick welder.

And, I'm ready for the next adventure...