88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I understand not wanting to do a swap right now. I have the LS/T56 into the 93, an engine to build and drop into a 90, the dually and finally put a stock engine back in the stepside, repaint and sell.
There is a reason I want to sell my 02.... Just too much to do and not enough time or money.

Just wish I could get around the stupid CA smog laws and swap a cummins or a duramax in mine!
I'm thankful WA isn't as strict.

----------------------

More upgrades!

I did this one awhile ago, but here is my custom vertical stack of switches - Top to bottom: LED lightbar, backup lights, and fog lights.
You must be registered for see images attach

I hooked up the DRL indicator, with a bright LED behind it, as an indicator for the LED lights bar - kind of like a highbeam indicator. Sometimes I drive at night using it in the backroads, also a nice reminder it's on. :lol:

You might be wondering what happened to my cargo lamp switch? Well, I use the retainer and put it over by the headlight switch, which is actually where the aux switch would have been. Makes more sense to me.

I originally installed the small opening truck style overhead console with an S-10 trip computer. It worked OK, but they are pretty limited in function and the range is WAY off. I have had these sitting around awhile now, larger opening console with a modified panel to fit a 01-02 Denali/02 Escalade trip computer. It doesn't have compass or temp (my mirror does already) but it has about twice the features over the S-10 version, including 2 trip meters that give you Distance, Avg Speed, Avg MPG, and Gallons Used. There is also a 15-day history of top speed and miles driven, and a lifetime trip that will tell you the % of personal VS business trip... provided you set them :lol: I have had this DIC in my 2002 for years now.

Back in April i picked up a set of Denali/Escalade door switch panels. I have now completed the set with the Escalade pieces, and the Chrome door handles.
Before:

After adding some class.

Did you notice the round item between the switch panel and the speaker grille on the front door? The Denali/Escalade switch panels is you lose your tweeter speakers (strange that they didn't have them at all). I found a set of matching grey pillar tweeters out of a 03+ Escalade EXT... Drilled the holes and mounted them up.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As always great looking oem mods tastefully done. Did you replace the fog light switch bulbs with leds also? If so, nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The interior in my truck is 100% LED backlit, all the switches, radio, etc. It's a pain in the ass to do but looks awesome when it's done.
I agree it does look awesome. I need to tackle some maintenance items before I move on to fun stuff. Do you remember the bulb size for the fog light switch? Mine is burnt out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Looks great as always!
Makes me wanna finish up my Escalade door panels... I keep putting them off. I have an Aux switch like that as well I want to use for my LED bar but I've lost it somewhere in the abyss of truck parts I have in my garage. :(

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Added another Escalade part. Painted the dash bezel to match, and modified it for my switches. the SEM came out a touch lighter than the dash itself, will have to see what it looks like in the daylight.

My next project has hit a snag and might get delayed some, I will hopefully find out more tomorrow.