88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'm going to call my truck the Escanalerrado. (Escalade-denali-sierra-silverado).....

Also, this is pretty :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Escanalerrado huh? This is just my dirty mind taking here but all I see is **** in the middle of that.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
are you swapping to the escalade front end?
I love how it looks now
I do as well, but i would like a denali/escalade front :secret:

Escanalerrado huh? This is just my dirty mind taking here but all I see is **** in the middle of that.
:lol:

---------------------

Oh joy... injectors again.

Lower intake gasket time....

All cleaned up

I ended up pulling the valve covers and will be re-gasketing them as well. I also found 2 of the exhaust manifold studs were broken off on the driver's side.... That won't be fun.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Damn man that sucks... how many miles does your truck have on it?

I'm at 213k and haven't touched the injection system once. I've replaced everything else but haven't had a single issue with injectors.

Knock on wood.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Bought it with 135k, has 154k now. I'm willing to bet yours were replaced at some point before you bought it.... i would be amazed if a set of multitechs lasted that long.

Also this is vortec 454 3 of 3 i've seen part and had the beginning failure of the intake gaskets.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought it with 135k, has 154k now. I'm willing to bet yours were replaced at some point before you bought it.... i would be amazed if a set of multitechs lasted that long.

Also this is vortec 454 3 of 3 i've seen part and had the beginning failure of the intake gaskets.
Is it normal for 454's to go through injectors like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Is it normal for 454's to go through injectors like that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The OEM injectors were Rochester Multitech style... they fail. I have now had this intake apart 5 times, and this will be the 5th set of injectors. The first two sets of injectors were ebay "refurbished" sets, which were a total joke and didn't actually work. i lost money on both of those. Then I bought a good set of LS1 injectors and they ended up being the wrong flow rate, so I bought the Five-O-Motorsports set with a 5 year warranty. Those I've had for a year and work flawlessly.

This time it's apart to do lower intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, and upgraded injectors. :secret:

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Well i bought my truck at 140k and i haven't touched them, haven't had any issues with them. I seriously doubt they were replaced, but i could be wrong. Intake Gaskets on these motors are also weak points.

Only issues i've had were the distributor cap and fuel pump. For 213k i'm pretty lucky. Again knock on wood.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I've worked on 3 other 454s... 2 of the 3 other ones had injector issues. Mine and a 5 speed dump truck haven't had any issues. It has 80k, mine has 213k. The other two have around 130k and both have the typical injector issues.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Well i bought my truck at 140k and i haven't touched them, haven't had any issues with them. I seriously doubt they were replaced, but i could be wrong. Intake Gaskets on these motors are also weak points.

Only issues i've had were the distributor cap and fuel pump. For 213k i'm pretty lucky. Again knock on wood.
I've worked on 3 other 454s... 2 of the 3 other ones had injector issues. Mine and a 5 speed dump truck haven't had any issues. It has 80k, mine has 213k. The other two have around 130k and both have the typical injector issues.
Yours had to have been replaced by now. I could see the 80k ones still being original, but not 213k.... If they were I would put them in some sort of museum. Any chance you have looked at the color/size/shape of the body on them?

Hmmm. The LS1 injectors were too much, the current ones aren't enough... What is Goldilocks planning?
I.... I've said too much already. :secret:

-----------------

Hrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

$214 worth of carbide bits... lets see how tonight goes.