88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Here is the new setup! Continental Cargo 7x14 V-Nose, RV side door and rear ramp. Already ordered the LEDs for it and will be doing a shackle flip in the near future.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did another trip to Oregon. New trailer was so useful. And I was joined by my friend with his 98 K2500 454/4L80E truck and camper.

Oh, and I weighed the truck with the new trailer and a somewhat typical load of gear. Truck and camper are right around 12,500 LBS with full fuel. Throw in 400 LBS tongue weight and we are just under 13,000 for the truck. Of that, 9,000 LBS is on the rear axle alone! Then toss the trailer in the mix at 3,300 LBS.

Yes. My Truck/Camper/Trailer is rolling over 16k with a moderate load of gear.

This trip was light - lets factor in the fact I will often have an additional person or two, two dogs, plus the associated gear. And 20+ gallons of fuel for the quads (they were empty when weighed) and more food/gear on longer trips.

Yikes.

And now for the "exciting" news. I'm going to pull the transmission back out. I'm not happy with the AC Delco clutch, so I ordered a Centerforce II for the truck.