88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Nope. I don't believe windshield tint is a good idea.

:lol: I'll think about it. I've written plenty of how-to articles in the past and TBH i've given up writing them anymore. I get tired of the stupidity of questions and people not paying attention. Not saying that is what you are/would do just the general principle. I can dig up my diagram i drew up to do it in the garage one of these times.

Lol, agree.

On all points.

:)

I have auto up/down and auto up on lock, but I used an aftermarket module to do it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I haven't decided if I want auto up or not. Seems logically useful. I used f-body camaro modules, cheap and from the wreckers.

Good deal.

I've never worked with those modules. Do they activate auto down via a time/hold function or is it a resistance based system?

Id use 'em, but the problem for me is the nearest yard is 3.5 hrs away.

I'm pretty much stuck with after market stuff since it can be mail ordered.

Otherwise, I'd prefer the OEM stuff for quality and availability of ordering replacements.

My auto up is tied to my rke in the alarm. Exit, lock the doors and the windows roll up if down.

Saved my lazy bacon from getting wet once in a rain storm already. Windows were down, I hit the lock button from inside the house and up the windows went.

Neat.

Last edited:

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dave,

What percent tint did you go with? Like your truck, my rear windows are factory smoked, so did you do a lighter tint in the back vs front to "even" them all out?

I have decided to not go through another Texas summer without tinted windows :)

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Good deal.

I've never worked with those modules. Do they activate auto down via a time/hold function or is it a resistance based system?

Id use 'em, but the problem for me is the nearest yard is 3.5 hrs away.

I'm pretty much stuck with after market stuff since it can be mail ordered.

Otherwise, I'd prefer the OEM stuff for quality and availability of ordering replacements.

My auto up is tied to my rke in the alarm. Exit, lock the doors and the windows roll up if down.

Saved my lazy bacon from getting wet once in a rain storm already. Windows were down, I hit the lock button from inside the house and up the windows went.

Neat.

Yeah they are resistance based, neat little modules about the size of a pack of smokes, simple 4 wire hookup between the switch and the motor.

Dave,

What percent tint did you go with? Like your truck, my rear windows are factory smoked, so did you do a lighter tint in the back vs front to "even" them all out?

I have decided to not go through another Texas summer without tinted windows :)
I didn't touch the back windows as all, I just did 20% in the front and it's a damn close match.

IIRC factory privacy glass is 18%.
Sounds about right. The 20% i put on the front is just a touch lighter than that OEM windows.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I have the module already. The color of wires on the module don't necessarily match the wires for the windows though. I need to find a good wiring diagram it looks like.

Chevy-Art

LS1 Truck Club Member
Reaction score
:lol: I'll think about it. I've written plenty of how-to articles in the past and TBH i've given up writing them anymore. I get tired of the stupidity of questions and people not paying attention. Not saying that is what you are/would do just the general principle. I can dig up my diagram i drew up to do it in the garage one of these times.

Too bad, I enjoy your articles. It would be cool if you could edit your threads and delete post that are unnecessary. Or if you could make a thread that can only be read and not replied to. If that was possible.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yeah I have the module already. The color of wires on the module don't necessarily match the wires for the windows though. I need to find a good wiring diagram it looks like.
Next time i'm out in the garage i'll snap a pict of what I have and send you them.

Too bad, I enjoy your articles. It would be cool if you could edit your threads and delete post that are unnecessary. Or if you could make a thread that can only be read and not replied to. If that was possible.
Thanks! I'd still get PMs though. :lol: