88 TBI factory fuel lines - what portion can withstand high pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve been using the Vortec higher pressure pumps in all my tbi trucks since the Vortec came out and have never had an issue

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using the Vortec higher pressure pumps in all my tbi trucks since the Vortec came out and have never had an issue
Keep in mind, if you're running the TBI system, your regulator is maintaining its set point, you're just getting higher flow with the Vortec pump.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep in mind, if you're running the TBI system, your regulator is maintaining its set point, you're just getting higher flow with the Vortec pump.

I know that, but most think the pressure will be too much for the tbi system. Even the dual tank valve on the later R/V series (Pollack manufacturing) can Handle the pressure, while the earlier ones are not rated as high a pressure

The tbi pumps barely supply enough fuel for the 5.7, and is one of the reasons the 7.4 tbi has such a bad name- they are starving for fuel.

Tractor joe

Reaction score
Where do you get the fittings to go from the braded fuel line that screws into the tbi, to adapt to the l.s push in fuel rail? In the middle of putting a 03 suburban 5.3 in a 89c2500