88-98 Heavy Duty Headlight Harness Kit (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I can see your reasons behind it, but I think any connection is just as prone to failure as a diode connection would be if soldiered properly. Mine has been that way for well over 7 years.

Function wise there is no real difference either way, just another means to do so.

Sent from my big block powered HTC gas guzzler.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can see your reasons behind it, but I think any connection is just as prone to failure as a diode connection would be if soldiered properly. Mine has been that way for well over 7 years.

Function wise there is no real difference either way, just another means to do so.

Sent from my big block powered HTC gas guzzler.

Yes exactly, there is more then one way to skin a buck as they say.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also see the third relay as a kinda an emergency spare. If the low or high relay goes out you could always borrow the 4-hi one until you get a replacement.

Also when I switch my high beams on the lows don't even blink or anything so I don't think there is any extra switching of the low relay :shrug: just my .02

BigV

Reaction score
When I did the dual lift pump relay upgrades on the 94's and 95 I got the relays with the built in diodes

A relay with a diode is there to stop a high voltage feedback spike when the relay switches off. It is not the same thing. A simple explanation of what they are talking about is a 1-way gate for electricity between the relays. When the high bean relay is on it also turns on the low beam relay. The diode blocks power from going back to the high beam relay when you just want low beams.

There are always multiple methods to do something.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I also see the third relay as a kinda an emergency spare. If the low or high relay goes out you could always borrow the 4-hi one until you get a replacement.

Also when I switch my high beams on the lows don't even blink or anything so I don't think there is any extra switching of the low relay :shrug: just my .02
If there are 3 relays without diodes, there is a switching between the low and the 4-hi (which is also just a low relay tied to the high relay).

A relay with a diode is there to stop a high voltage feedback spike when the relay switches off. It is not the same thing. A simple explanation of what they are talking about is a 1-way gate for electricity between the relays. When the high bean relay is on it also turns on the low beam relay. The diode blocks power from going back to the high beam relay when you just want low beams.

There are always multiple methods to do something.
:word:

98silverado98

Reaction score
i got a heavy duty harness with 4-hi build in from you, i keep reading the paper (install) paper. im still getting confused about how to install it. The third picture where is that two female plug in (single wire)

where does that plug in to ?

and factory wire ?

and HD harness plug right into the headlight or some where else ?

Ijust got me 9006 5000k HIDS in so im trying to install the HD harness in first and then HIDs after.

need help please! i know that im too stupid for this lol.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got a heavy duty harness with 4-hi build in from you, i keep reading the paper (install) paper. im still getting confused about how to install it. The third picture where is that two female plug in (single wire)

where does that plug in to ?

and factory wire ?

and HD harness plug right into the headlight or some where else ?

Ijust got me 9006 5000k HIDS in so im trying to install the HD harness in first and then HIDs after.

need help please! i know that im too stupid for this lol.

The female 9005/9006 connectors (3rd picture, single wire coming out of each) simply get plugged into your passenger side OEM headlight connectors! The female connector on the HD Headlight harness with the black wire coming out of it, gets plugged into the original 9006 (low beam) connector on the passenger side. Then simply plug the other female connector on the HD Harness with the red wire (also marked with 2 white zip ties) into the original 9005 (high beam) connector on the passenger side!

If you have any other questions or would like further assistance, feel free to give me a call and I'll be happy to walk you through the whole installation!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.