88-98 fleetside pickup boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you dont mind noisy/ more wear, the links are better/great but the catch cables are quieter and dont have to pivot/glide over eachother, dont have a pivot to wear out , etc. Also if you get an upgraded trunnion/pivot for tailgate you can reduce wear there too

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i knew what I was doing, stop mansplaining (lol)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thanks for the femsplanation...
That's one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. "Who said that? Who TF said that?.....who's the slimy little communist s%!t twinkle toed CS down here who just signed his own death warrant?"

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the femsplanation...
That's one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. "Who said that? Who TF said that?.....who's the slimy little communist s%!t twinkle toed CS down here who just signed his own death warrant?"
My favorite part is "Whats your excuse?" and then the following. Ive used it so many times.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Later boxes have those stupid POS cables for the tailgate.
Early ones have these...

You must be registered for see images attach

More better.
And they will swap out, too. Just be sure to get the hardware with 'em as the bolts where the link or cable attach are different for either style.

Richard

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I’ve seen rust in extremely odd places from trucks from the U.P, I’ve seen rust come out of the window sill and eat the door up so I’m no stranger to awful rot. And I lived in Paradise for a while, I did have 2 tickets to Paradise... Michigan

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Do the sport side boxes have the same metal (I don’t know what to call it) holder upperers? I’d love to put a stepside box on my 94 because at least the fibreglass won’t rot out
Stepside and fleetside swap out just fine. Get the associated gas filler neck pipe w/hoses and bumper because they're different. Obviously going fleetside to stepside you could just cut the rubber hoses shorter, but probably easier just to get the factory cut hoses so there's no trial and error on the fit.

Richard