88-94 Dash rattles due to broken threads.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know the four screws around the instrument cluster that are T15 or T20? They hold the bezel on. The lower right one will now not screw in because the plastic threads it screws into are broken.

I've looked around for this piece, but it is not available in the aftermarket (as far as I can tell) and it seems all the JY trucks are broken too. Is there a good fix for this? I just want to be able to put that screw in so it will keep my bezel from rattling at idle.

On the attachment it is the greyed out piece to the left of the screw labled 5 that I need. Or a fix for mine.

TIA!

Attachments

• 88-94 dash.jpg
    88-94 dash.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 41

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Pull it out just a little, and put some double sided tape in between the bezel and the dash, keeps it together, and is a vibration dampener. I did that on my last dash.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've thought about the double sided tape and something like silicone too. I just want to be able to take the bezel off if I need to in the future without breaking something else in the process.

Anyone ever sawed threads off another dash and then made them fit on your broken piece?

I really would like a permanent fix done the "right" way, if at all possible.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take it apart and epoxie a tinnerman clip behind the craked hole, done this a hundred times (everyone cranks those to tight and eventually breaks them)

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take it apart and epoxie a tinnerman clip behind the craked hole, done this a hundred times (everyone cranks those to tight and eventually breaks them)

Thanks. I had to google what a tinnerman clip was. I always wondered what those things were called. This sounds like a great idea.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Mines like that too. I just used some larger screws and seems to be holding just fine even with the RE 15 beating away lol.

You can kinda see it in this pic.

You must be registered for see images attach